Monday, December 19, 2022

Dec 20 - This Little Light of Mine

This Little Light of Mine
Tuesday, December 20, 2022
By Donna Cook

Scripture: John 1:1-18


Key Verse: John 1:4-5

The Word gave life to everything that was created,
    and his life brought light to everyone. 
The light shines in the darkness, 
    and the darkness can never extinguish it.
These verses bring to mind a couple of different thoughts for me. First, if we really love Jesus, we want to be like him. We want to live our lives in a way to “shine” and reveal light in the world; helping to overcome the darkness that is out in the world- I could name several names of fellow church members, wonderful people here at our church who are great examples- “shining their lights” for others daily- continually giving to others. I believe this is what we are all called to do in any way we can.




The second thought I had when I read these verses can be summed up by the children’s song “This Little Light of Mine-I’m Gonna Let it Shine.” I think that song says it all quite well. 










No comments:

Post a Comment