Sunday, December 10, 2023

Dec 11 - Treasures in Heaven

Treasures in Heaven

Monday, December 11, 2023
Interpreted by Minister John Koch


“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:19-21


In my life I have learned that my Father created me and gave me gifts, things here on earth that lead to treasures in heaven. I am not talking about physical things I'm not talking about wealth, our home, cars, books, or anything physical we can touch. I'm talking about the gifts that God has given us.

Spiritual gifts are different from talents, talents are special abilities that we can learn like playing sports or a musical instrument. We're a spiritual gift we can only get from God our Father. Apostleship, discernment, evangelism, encouragement, faith, giving, knowledge, leadership, mercy, pastoring, service, and  wisdom. 

    Treasures in Heaven by David Sorensen

In Matthew 6:19-21" Lay not up yourselves treasures upon the Earth, where moths and rust doth corrupt ,and where thieves break through and steal: but lay it for yourself treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is your heart will be also."... Using the spiritual gifts that God has given us we are building our treasures in heaven. We are doing what He wants us to do .We are showing the world the light of His love and understanding and forgiveness and showing the world where our love is where our heart belongs and that is with God our Father. I find that I am happiest when I am serving God and showing his love to the world because I know that someday I will be at great peace at His side.




Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought
us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty
power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by
adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your
purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
[Online] Book of Common Prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment