Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Dec 21 - Angelic Declarations

Angelic Declarations

Thursday, December 21, 2023
by: Millie Ball

Scripture: Luke 1:26-33


Key Verse
Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God."  Luke 1:29-30

Have you ever been amazed at what God’s plan for your life looks like? You know that everything we have or will ever have is but a gift from God. One amazing gift we received happened when we were first stationed in Hawaii. We were two country kids a long way from home, but in a beautiful land. Trying to become pregnant wasn’t working for us, so I decided to take a civil service test and go to work. However, that was not God’s plan and before I was scheduled to take the exam, I suddenly started having morning sickness. We were so excited our prayers were answered at the most unexpected time! Yes, excited, nervous, and feeling alone, I prayed and thanked God and realized that we are never alone as believers.  I wonder if Mary experienced the same emotions I felt. God took care of all my emotions and blessed us with a precious baby girl;  just as God blessed Mary with our Savior.

I’m sure Mary, a virgin girl, was amazed and shocked when the angel Gabriel told her she was going to have a baby. “”How can this be, since I have not been with a man?” (Luke 1: 34) How am I going to tell Joseph, the man I am betrothed to what is happening; can and will he believe me? Then the angel told Mary, “do not be afraid for you have found favor with God.” (Luke 1: 30)  God is all powerful all knowing; it is no secret what he can do, he knew her heart and her thoughts and sent an angel to tell Joseph he had nothing to fear. This was God’s perfect plan for Mary and Joseph and they found peace, love, and joy in knowing that this was a special and divine gift. We, too, need to let go and let God work his glorious plan in our lives. Let His love work through us as we strive to bring more and more people to know and accept Him as their Lord and Savior.



Father God we love you and praise you; open our hearts and let your love flow through us as we strive to expand your Kingdom. In Jesus precious name we pray. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment